3 Spring Outfit Essentials

April 11, 2013




(the palest legs you ever did see)
sunglasses: DvF via TJ Maxx, trench: Kohl's (old), dress: thrifted, bow belt: F21, shoes: Keds (thrifted)

My 3 Spring outfit essentials are:
a trench coat
a casual dress in a cute print & a light fabric
a pair of canvas sneakers (I love my Keds)

I've had this trench coat for about 3 years, and I somehow always forget I have it until I unearth it from the back of my closet.  I'm always so pleased to find it as I'm ready to bridge the gap between the cold of winter and the warmth of spring.  I think this year I'll find a sweet little vintage brooch to pin to the lapel.

I found this dress at Goodwill, and I'm pretty sure it's late 90s, but it looks like something you could find right now at Asos or Modcloth.  It's rayon and so comfortable (elastic waistband? OK!).  It's sleeveless, too, but not tight, so when it's still a little chilly I can wear a top under it, or a cardigan over it.

While I'd love to say a cute pair of high-heeled sandals are a spring essential of mine, I'm way more apt to reach for my trusty Keds.  They aren't boots, which by this point I'm sick of wearing, and they aren't dainty like most flats; they're just right for tromping through the mushy spring ground.

What are your spring outfit essentials?

3 comments :

  1. Kelly! I am in absolute love with your new blog! Beautiful all the way around from the photos to the layout to you, of course.

    Let's hang out sometime -- it's been too long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, Sarah!

      Yes, let's!! I'll send you a message on some dates we have free!

      Delete