Thrift Store Find: Champagne Coupes

February 26, 2013







 
I know I can't be the only one that sees these little stemmed bowls at the thrift store every time I go thrifting.  I usually just pass them by, but the silver rim on these caught my eye.  Truth be told, when I saw these out of the corner of my eye, I was hoping they were the ever-coveted silver rimmed mid century whiskey tumblers, ::sigh:: my white whale of thrifting.  Anyway...

I do love champagne, and honestly I'd drink it out of almost any shaped vessel (I'm no purist), so I fished the dollar out of my pocket and brought these two little coupes home with me.

From what I've read, some bars in the trendier parts of the country (trendier than here anyway), the coupe is popular for serving smaller, boozier drinks like whiskey cocktails.  Whiskey cocktails and champagne are pretty common libations in our household; and although the coupe is not a preferred vessel for enjoying a sparkling wine, as the shallowness of the glass encourages those lovely golden bubbles to disperse quicker than a flute, they are still fun to drink from.  Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment