Casual Sweatshirt Outfit for a Blustery Day

February 19, 2013








hat: Reny's, sweatshirt: thrifted, jeans: F21, ankle boots: thrifted, nailpolish: OPI 'Lincoln Park After Dark'

I don't know about you, but I'm digging that basic sweatshirts are fashionable and "in" right now.  Don't get me wrong, I'd wear them regardless, but sometimes it's satisfying when a trend coincides with something I naturally gravitate towards.  Now, if it becomes fashionable to have everything you wear be covered in dog hair, well, I'll be on the cutting edge of cool.

Also kinda cool?  The neon hat trend.  Actually, this trend is kinda surreal.  Here in Maine, the blaze-orange beanie is seen atop even the crustiest of Downeasters, has been for as long as I can remember.  However, the Yankee practicality of wearing this color to, y'know, avoid being mistaken for a critter during hunting season trumps its sartorial relevance.  I got this one here at good ol' Reny's for a buck ninety-nine.

I put together this outfit with the intention of spending my day thrifting, but as the wind howled outside and the gusts whipped up tornadoes of snow, I made the executive decision to stay hunkered down.


2 comments :

  1. Ahh, it makes me so happy to see something from Reny's! We used to get almost everything from there (that wasn't from salvation army) when I was a kid! Anyways, I love this outfit, I've been digging sweatshirts myself lately and this looks so relaxed but put-together too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! And yeah, Reny's was always our back to school destination.

    ReplyDelete